You are not logged in.

• "Just" is male
  • "Just" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 17th 2013

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 11:53am

Where Are My Manners?

My name is Justin Gress and I've been abducted by aliens 22 times. They left me with a skill to easily find grammatical and spelling errors in almost everything I read. Therefore I'd like to use this skill in proof-reading anything English.

Great to be part of this team and I'd like to get started as soon as possible (I'm sure there's an acronym for that).

Regards,

Justin

4 registered users and 15 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Di Anna, nomada, Borislav/lizardman, Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 3:31pm

Welcome, welcome!

Hey there, Justin
Abducted by aliens, huh? :fc-alien: Hehehe, how happy we are that you have found your way back to us from, hm....where ever you've been. LOL... 22 times? Wow:fc-cry-clops:

Well, as I recall from what sweet Nomada told me, you wanna 'bang it out' on the AOG. Here is a place that we really need your skills, yes! And I know you want to jump in there ASAP, but... since you've drifted to us from the outer cosmos and have such wonderful skills (from alien abductions, etc), we would like you to spend a little time getting used to the Forum, our community, and our guidelines. Perhaps, we can convince you to stick around for lots of good stuff from TVP and TZM, including those great lectures and videos being released from both.

Before we get into the AOG (and I know you're impatient), we need you to take a careful look at our Guidelines. Actually, these Guidelines apply to proofreading subtitles for videos, rather than text like AOG, but now's the best time to 'git the gist' of what goes on 'round here, right? Besides, I'm hoping to abduct you after you work on AOG and keep you prisoner for video proofing too. Hahaha :fc-hypnotized:

If you did decide to proofread in the area of video subtitles, there are some software tools you'll need to download, but we can talk about that later. Anyhow, think about that offer and give a look at Wiki to see all the possibilities where you can use your talents.

Let me hear from you after you've looked around here a bit. I'll probably begin our AOG adventure by handing you a segment to proofread --not the whole doc, yet. This will help me see what you can handle, as well as how you handle it. So, until I am back to you with this project, kick off your shoes and get comfortable here.

Welcome indeed, my friend! We want you to learn how special we are as a living example of a collaborative community working to spread the message that can change the world. We're happy YOU want to be part of that!

((BIG MEGA HUGS)),
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

2 registered users and 11 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

• "Just" is male
  • "Just" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 17th 2013

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 5:36pm

That's me made my way through the guidelines you linked to plus the Linguistic Team Guidelines. I'm sure I'll be re-reading them a few more times as I plod along. And yes, you've convinced me to stick around and help out with the other projects; I kind of have to after your abduction threat! :fc-Adore:

But seriously, I'm happy to help out with any video subtitle proof-reading after the AOG has been all proofed over. That's a phrase I've never used before!

Kind Regards,

Justin

3 registered users and 13 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, nomada, Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 6:25pm

I'm very happy to hear that, Sweet Alien Abductee! Hehehe! I will be in touch with you later with an AOG sample for you to do battle with. I hope you're having fun lookin' around on the Forum.

I'll be back with you soon!
((Alien HUGS--that's the kind with long, sticky tentacles that never let ya go!)
Di :D
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

11 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 8:26pm

Hi, hi Just!
Be sure to check your PM's. I'll be sending you a link to passages from AOG for you to begin proofreading.
Thank you again, for joining the Team!
((Alien Hugs))
Di

1 registered user and 12 guests thanked already.

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 9:57pm

Welcome Just!! Great to see you here; and that you brought some outaspace technology!! :fc-gear: Feel free to ask anything that pops up :fc-bubblegum:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

11 guests thanked already.