• "jonny" is male
  • "jonny" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 17th 2013

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 1:00pm

Will gladly lend my skills to English Proof reading

Hi Everyone,

I recently saw and responded to the G+ request from Di Kruse for assistance in proofreading the English TZM Orientation, and I would welcome the opportunity to assist. From Nomada's kind reply and instructions, I am introducing myself here! I am a speech pathologist with a firm understanding of English grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc., and will do whatever I can to assist this endeavor. Please, just give me some direction, and I will run with it! Thanks! Jonny

3 registered users and 27 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Di Anna, nomada, Borislav/lizardman

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 3:52pm

Welcome, Jonny!

Hey, hey there, Jonny!
I'm really excited that the post in G+ worked. :thumbsup:

Now that you've arrived, take a little time to get used to the Forum. Don't forget to complete your profile info because that helps us find you. Plus, we just like to know you better. :giggle: I have a plan that if I do this right, I'll be able to woo you to stay around and perhaps you would even like to get involved with other projects, too. Take a look at Wiki to see all those video projects pending that need proofreaders too. Give a gander at the Guidelines as well. These projects involve all those great lectures, interviews, talks from both TVP & TZM. You just might decide you would like to help get them out into the world as well.

Concerning AOG, we'll probably begin by sending you a segment of the doc to proofread. This will give me a chance to see how you handle it and how we can best use your skills. Sometimes there's cultural differences in English conventions that need to be addressed with proofreading. An example would be the use of single vs. double quotes, and spellings, which vary among English-speaking countries. But for now, get comfy here and let me hear from you if you have any questions. I'll be back in touch with you soon concerning AOG.

Thank you, Jonny, for coming here. We want you to love our Community and fully experience the collaboration we often talk about in the RBE by joining us.
((BIG, BIG HUGS)), :bighug:
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 23 guests thanked already.

nomada

• "jonny" is male

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 4:37pm

Thank-you, Di, for the additional information and the great welcome!

Thanks Di, for the information sent and especially for the warm welcome, as above! For some time I've been following TZM & TVP, and am thrilled to know that there is something I can do on some level that will further the dissemination of their important and necessary ideals and goals! I'm very open to additional projects as time goes on....and look forward to the initial document segment that will let me get my fingers wet, so to speak! I will also complete my profile, etc., as per your suggestions!

Again, I appreciate this opportunity to help!
Jonny

1 registered user and 21 guests thanked already.

Di Anna

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 5:07pm

WooHoo, Jonny! You're looking good! :D
I'll get the AOG segment to you today... promise!
((hugs))
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

21 guests thanked already.
  • "jonny" is male

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 5:20pm

LOL...thanks, Di.....I just turned 55 on Dec 30th....hearing this compliment is really appreciated! Thankfully, I still think I am somewhere between 20 & 24.....and keeping my mind young helps the physical.....along with great inherited genes, lol!

20 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 8:29pm

Hi, Hi Jonny,
Be sure to check your PM's. I'll be sending you a link to segments from AOG for you to start your journey through Proofin' Land.
Mega thanks, again, for joining our Team.
((hugs))
Di

1 registered user and 22 guests thanked already.

nomada

• "jonny" is male

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 8:53pm

Hi Di!

I just received the link....appreciated.....and, I will take my time, for I'm actually more zealous than impatient, lol! All levity aside, I actually have two conference calls this evening that will demand my primary attention, so it will be tomorrow that I begin delving into the world of proofing!!!

Thanks for all,
Jonny

2 registered users and 21 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, nomada

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 9:06pm

Please take your time. We all have a life...and then we have our real lives. Let me stress...The most important thing we do here is not SPEED. It is QUALITY! No one is hurrying you, I promise! Sometimes, we are aware of the emergency on our planet. Our world is very needy, true! But it doesn't do much good to put out poor messages to people who have not heard these ideas. What we do needs to be the best it can be, and that does take time.
Love ya lots,
Di

24 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 9:42pm

Hi Jonny!

Hi Jonny! I am glad you found the forum and had such a great start!! :party:
Sometimes, we are aware of the emergency on our planet. Our world is very needy, true! But it doesn't do much good to put out poor messages to people who have not heard these ideas. What we do needs to be the best it can be, and that does take time.
@Di Anna: I love to read you!! will quote you on facebook, if you don't mind :tonguer:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 23 guests thanked already.

Di Anna

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 10:04pm

Oh, Nomada... And I just LOVE YOU! And, oh yes ...the next time you call yourself 'just a timeshifter and a Portuguese translator', I will personally show up on your doorstep and beat you up. :fc-ninja: (I may be old, but I'm tough). :come:

And you may quote me on THAT too! :fc-grin:
((kisses & hugs))
Di

22 guests thanked already.
  • "jonny" is male

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 10:34pm

@nomada, thank you for your assistance and direction this morning!
@Di Anna, I agree completely on quality over speed! Clarity of the message is of the utmost importance! On this, we are definitely on the same page, so to speak!

2 registered users and 26 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, nomada

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion