Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Timestamp Adjustment Team
Translator
Translation Proofreader

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 5:13pm

Trainscription Volunteer

Hello, my name is Alex and i am looking forward to help on English transcribing!

16 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 9:06pm

HI Alex!! Welcome!! I will be more than glad to guide you on how to start ; )

- First, we use an online platform to transcribe and translate videos. You need to register there. Dotsub.com 8)
- There are some guidelines that help us being on the same page and achieve the best quality possible. If we don't form the start (transcription) all other stages that follow it will take more effort to complete and probably will end up with less quality.So, take your time reading the guidelines a bit and ask anything you might have doubts with :seymour:
http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguis…ines#Key_actors

Let me know when you are ready for more info and I'll show you the rest ; )

hugs

PS - join the facebook group if you wish and have an account. It is a great place to share accomplishments and news:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LinguisticTeamInternational ;)
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

• "AlexDaWoof" started this thread

Date of registration: May 5th 2013

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Timestamp Adjustment Team
Translator
Translation Proofreader

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 9:52pm

Im alrealy registered in dotsub because we made greek translations/proofreadings with the greek chapter of the LTI team. I am also member to the fb page :)
Now, i took a close view of the guidelines you gave me. I will be in touch with them at the start to ensure the best possible quality of what i do. I am looking forward to know more

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 11:10pm

Sure thing!! :thumbsup:

From those guidelines, the 3 guidelines that are transcription specific and that you find in the Key actors section that I linked in the wiki, are the most important. Of course English language guidelines are also important, but as a transcriber you will be building the subtitle strings from scratch and the better you do that the easier will be the work from the proofers and timeshifters that will come after you on the project you chose to transcribe ;) So take your time and aim at quality.

The videos from transcription are listed in the wiki as well as in the forum, since each project has 1 forum thread. After choosing 1 project you post in the forum before you start and when you have questions or finish. And this way everyone knows who is doing what and in which part is each project :thumbup: Ask anything you need, any time!
http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguis…a_Center/Videos
There is a Working Locations table. Open the "English Transcriptions" tab and there you can choose a project, find the "forum" link and the "working location".

Here is a tool that can be helpful too: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/English…nd_Proofreaders as a quick to consult reference on several guidelines :kewl:

Have fun and let us know if you need anything else :party:

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

17 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion