Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
LTI Development Group

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 3:42am

Howdy, folks! Georgy here.

Hello, English Team!

My name is Georgy. I have been running on the sidelines for a while but Rodrigo herded me in here :-)

I was born in Bulgaria and lived there until I was 19. Then, came to study in the US and have lived here ever since, and I'm almost 36 now, time flies :-)

So far, I helped "lizardman" with the Bulgarian translation of ZMF earlier this year. I heard the English team needs help with transcriptions, so here I am.

I am also the same Georgy who developed a few SRT tools that could come handy again, if we need to look for differences, timeshift timestamps or refragment SRT files...

I will be helping on the lighter side - maybe an hour or two a week at most.

Let me read where I can grab something to transcribe...

Later, folks!

Georgy.

32 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 10:51am

Nice to see you here. :) The big fun's always where we are. :P

30 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, July 25th 2011, 11:57am

Welcome Georgy : )

The projects for transcription are in this same English Department section of the forum, but bellow the Tea Room.

- Choose a project, open the forum thread and post saying you will start transcribing it (no need to finish; just do it until you feel you had enough; and warn us only if you abandon or finish the project) and open the Working Location.

- In dotsub, here is a how to transcribe tutorial: http://dotsub.com/view/e6562923-a6eb-4c6b-a6c7-ffed4a2848a5
Bruno is using (and me still learning it) an offline tool to transcribe VisualSubSync . Ask anything you want about it; bruno is mastering it already 8)

- last and most important, there are 3 major guidelines that concern the transcriptions; more specifically the subtitle string structure. Check them here: http://wiki.zmlingteam.org/w/Linguistic_…eral_Guidelines

Anything else, just let us know.

Great to have you around :thumbsup:
hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

39 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion