You are not logged in.

• "Steven K Harrison" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 15th 2017

Language Team: English transcriber

Focus Group: English Transcriber

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 12:58pm

Introduce myself

Hello everyone! My name is Steven K harrison. I am originally from the USA where I am still a citizen. I have been living in Austria for more than 30 years now. I am a musician and songwriter as well as an English as second language trainer in Austrian public schools. I am married and have a daughter and a grandson. I am 64 years old.
I have been following TVP for several years now and even wrote a song about it called "Going to Venus" which you can find on my youtube channel www.youtube.com/grandkadolz
I would like to help the Project gain a wider audience and am prepared to help in whatever way I can. I would dare say my English is pretty good and I speak and read German as wwell. My written German is not so good.

There you have it, I look forward to whatever may come!

Steve

2 registered users and 12 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

zedom, Ray

Date of registration: Jul 11th 2013

Language Team: Portuguese (Europe)

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Team Assistant

Tuesday, November 21st 2017, 9:54pm

Hello Steven and welcome aboard!

From your description it looks like English transcription should be your place!
You're in luck, our man @Mr_Z: shall be your guide!

I'll shortcut and add the beginner links for newcomers, you can start getting acquainted with these.

Quoting from a previous Mr_Z's post:

Quoted

The First-Timers Guide is here: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/FirstTi…eral_Guidelines
The English Guidelines are here: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/LTI_English_Guidelines

My "down and dirty" Guerrilla captioning tutorial is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlhD_TbXbjY

... and if you get through all that the list of Active projects is here: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/language…ctive-projects/

1 registered user and 11 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Saturday, November 25th 2017, 3:46am

Great to see you here, Steve!

I became aware of your catchy YT song a while back and have it on my big "To Do" list to eventually try to hunt you down to ask your permission to post it on the upcoming (still in development) LTI Member Portal website's "Artistic Spotlight" section.

As for the English Dep't, we could certainly benefit from the help, especially given your skills as an English teacher.
To summarize a bit, LTI's English Dep't is the all-important "intake system" for all of the official projects within our care. Most of that is focused on generating carefully crafted 'video subtitles' (handled in a tool called dotSUB), but we also get to direct proofreading focus on the somewhat rare text-based RBE materials that come our way. Once a project has moved through all of the stages of the English Dep't, our Translation Teams are provided access to them in the "Open For Translation" section of the forum (where each team can then take the fine-tuned English results through a similar set of translation stages). English subtitles also serve as closed captioning for the deaf.

I'm really glad that you're here, my friend! Mr_Z is our English Dep't Coordinator. If he is unable to respond within a day or two, give me a yell and I'll guide you in. ;)

On a side note, I've moved your Intro thread to the English Dep't Intro board.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

8 guests thanked already.