• "Agniko" is female
  • "Agniko" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 14th 2018

Language Team: English/Polish

Focus Group: Language Team Assistant

Sunday, October 14th 2018, 5:36pm

Hello all!

Hello,
I am an English Language student at De Montfort University in Leicester. I do my best to keep busy in English linguistics (especially) and I try to do everything that can help me to develop my personal interests as well as educational. I fond that website way too late, but I believe it will give me the opportunities to work on some projects. I am ready to do tasks if there will be something.

2 registered users and 2 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray, zedom

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 7:46am

Welcome Agniko!
As I mentioned in the Polish Team section, you are quite far from being 'late' to the party (unless you, personally, really needed to find something like this much sooner ;) ).

There are certainly plenty of important English Team projects that are in need of attention, especially given that everything moves through the English Team to prepare the official materials for all of the various language team translators and proofreaders. A very simplistic overview of the team can be found in the LTI Wiki, along with the Global Transcription/Translation Guidelines. Those two resources will not provide you with a complete picture of LTI, or even the English Team, but they should prove quite useful to you over time.

This English Dep't section includes an "Active Projects" board that contains 'master threads' for each of the projects currently within its care. If you wish to help with English transcribing, or if you feel your English skills are strong enough to take on some English proofreading, you'll find that the projects within that board are in various states from 'not yet started', all the way up to awaiting their "Final Consistency Review" just before being published to the "Open for Translations" section (where all of the translation teams select their 'next' projects to begin).

I am just a shout away if/when you have any questions, are ready to be guided into one of our transcription/translation-assist tools, or just want to touch base to confirm your understanding of something.

Hugs,
Ray
LTI's 'Global Orchestra Conductor'
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 6 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

zedom

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion