• "PostModernBardSC" is male
  • "PostModernBardSC" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 27th 2019

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader

Wednesday, March 27th 2019, 10:55pm

Greetings and Salutations

Hello, English Department and how are you this evening, alrighty then!

My name is Stephen Collins and I have just joined the family. I'm from Texas in the USA, never gotten to travel outside the country but I did live in Louisiana and Florida each for a time (sadly, I was unable to visit Venus). I've known about TVP since 2008 and feel well-enough informed on a Resource Based Economy that I could probably hold my own in conversation about it, though I am fully aware I still have much to continue learning. I'm a bit of a generalist, with some experience and knowledge in various areas ranging from science (all disciplines including social sciences) to language (extensive English, fading Spanish, and bare familiarity in French) and even the arts (writing, music, drawing, theatre, and the like). I have a knack for mimicking and deciphering (most) accents as well.

Currently, I am single and taking care of my parents in their old age as a part-time job, doing odd part-time computer jobs as they come (mostly typing-related), and keeping up with independent scientific research as time allows. In the past I have done transcription work (as well as other office-management jobs) as a file clerk in a law office for over 5 years (during high school and college), transcription work and proofreading for professors' and research assistants' papers and articles for some different colleges for 3 years (during and after college), and have written a book! I'm also slowly working on a second book. Sadly, my brain/behavior doesn't quite agree with the academic world of "inside the university" as it stands today (i.e. the education system doesn't work for me), so I never got my bachelor's. But, honesty notwithstanding, my lexicon's capacity is quite robust and extensive for the English Language and I find I learn a new word (now) at least once a week.

I hope to contribute in as many ways as I can to further the aims and proposals of The Venus Project (possibly even learn new ways to do so beyond typing projects), and I look forward to collaborating with all of you!

Stephen :thumbsup:

2 registered users and 5 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

YukikoK, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Friday, March 29th 2019, 10:48am

A hardy and very warm welcome to you, Stephen!
And thank you very much for sharing some of your background with us! A significant amount of the experience you've mentioned closely mirrors my own (never been outside of the country, stumbled upon TVP/RBE back in 2008, a generalist, used to be quite good with accents, currently taking care of my other half due to health issues, am allergic to 'standard' education, but taught outside of it for about three decades, went to collage but could not deal long enough to get my bachelors), but I have not yet written a book.

Suffice it to say that I have a feeling that you're going to enjoy it here. :giggle:

For anyone else following along, Stephen attempted to connect with LTI a while back, but we somehow missed it (massive apologies). Undaunted, he decided to start transcribing some of the TVP Teamspeak Seminar audio sessions from 2011-2012. The timing of his second attempt to join the family couldn't be more perfect as we recently brought all of those materials (and more) into LTI as official projects (in video form).
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 5 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

PostModernBardSC

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion