You are not logged in.

• "PeaceAgent" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 22nd 2017

Language Team: Uzbek

Focus Group: Translator

Saturday, July 22nd 2017, 6:47pm

Salom

Hello LTI Forum! My name is Shahob. I was born in Bukhara, Uzbekistan. However, I currently live in the United States. I have been learning about the Venus Project for two years now and TVP taught me many different ways of looking at the common problems we face in todays world. It gave me many tools to dissect my problems and how to come up with workable solutions.For this reason I decided to help the LTI to translate some of the TVP materials from English to Uzbek. I was thinking about translating "The Best That Money Can't Buy" from English to Uzbek. Also, I mostly spend my spare time learning about TVP and learning new languages.

1 registered user and 14 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 3:19pm

Salom, Shahob!
It is wonderful to have you with us, my friend.

I separated your post from Ru77ell's thread in order to better provide you with personal support. ;)

To join the 'special' TBTMCB translate-a-thon, simply submit the project's NDA form as described in the first post of the master thread for the project.

However, keep in mind that TBTMCB is a huge project which is much more easily and accurately handled by a team of at least three active members. Since Uzbek is a new Language Team here, you might want to consider starting with something smaller while also publicly promoting the need for additional Uzbek volunteers to join the team to help make it strong enough to tackle such a big effort. ;)
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 12 guests thanked already.

PeaceAgent

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 9:56pm

Great suggestions Ray, then I was thinking about translating this article https://www.thevenusproject.com/resource…factors/values/ to Uzbek.

1 registered user and 11 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Monday, July 24th 2017, 9:53am

Individual articles/pages from the TVP website are actually part of the much larger TVP website project in Pootle.
However, the website has been recently updated and I am still working through the updating/matching of Pootle's content to the changes on the website. The updated content, along with an upgrade to Pootle itself, will be included as part of LTI's migration to a new dedicated server, hopefully within the next month or so.

In order to see (and select from) all of the projects within our care, check out the forum's "Open for Translation" section, which is separated into text-based and video projects.

If you prefer to start with a text-based project, I can volunteer that the smallest one within our care (only 53 strings/2858 words) is the TVP Press Kit. Note that you will first need to carefully follow the registration and project selection instructions on the front page of Pootle before the tool will allow you to do anything. Once Pootle knows what you want to work on, it will alert me to finalize your access. In the meantime, you can check out our text-based Pootle tutorial, as well as the Tutorial project within Pootle to master this awesome translate-assist tool. You do not need to register or login to try out the Pootle tutorial.

On the other hand, if you would like to work with videos, we have numerous small ones that are around 2 minutes or so that will allow you to acclimate yourself to dotSUB without feeling overwhelmed by a big project there (in comparison, some of them are longer than 2 hours ;) ).

12 guests thanked already.

Wednesday, July 26th 2017, 3:26am

Ray, thank you for providing me with a valuable information. I will try to look over this soon. I was also wondering what kind of a time management method you use. It seems to me that you are managing a large forum. I am also guessing that you are working somewhere at the same time. Can you recommend me to read any certain books or articles which can give me more information on topics such as time management or any other particular topic of your choice.

Thank You

1 registered user and 15 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Wednesday, July 26th 2017, 5:18am

While I am managing a large forum and a lot of other resources for LTI, TVP and TZM, I do not have a traditional 'job' that takes me away from home. My other half is a critical heart patient, so I am a stay-at-home caretaker for her. So generally speaking, I find that viewing everything with a "What is most important now?" approach works best for me and my workload.

It is very important that you figure out how to best keep your life as balanced as possible, especially when you volunteer your time and energies on anything outside of your 'normal' routine.

What we do here is not 'easy', but it can also be quite addicting. However, there are no demands, expectations, or deadlines for the vast majority of the projects within our care, and even the rare 'timed' project (projects that we try to complete in as many languages as possible before a new documentary video is released) is never mandatory, so there is nothing here that should ever cause you to experience stress. If you ever find yourself feeling stressed or frustrated by a project, or anything else, that is a warning sign that you should step back and rethink how you are viewing whatever it is that has you stressed. In other words, each of us contributes only when we are able to do so without putting other areas of our lives at negative risk. Does that make sense to you?

13 guests thanked already.

Sunday, August 13th 2017, 2:03pm

Ray, thank you for giving me such a great information. At first I kinda felt like i have to do translation every week. However, after you said that there are no expectations and no demands, I will just try balance things out in my life and use the phrase "What is most important now? " , and whenever i have a free time, I will just try to contribute. :)

15 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion