Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 1:29pm

@nomada:
Thank you. However, I have more than enough work making the German team more efficient and introducing new German people to the great world of subtitles. :) If they are able to work completely alone (which is what I am aiming for) I might shift my attention to a more international level.

But there is one question I always wanted to ask: If we finally finished a German subtitle for a specific video how are you guys informed that it can be uploaded to the official channels like thevenusprojectmedia and jacquefresco? Franky did not explain that to me till now. Should we add a new entry in the TODO-List or is it enough to move the thread to published results? I guess the way used right now is to use a specific sync.in pad where Ray goes over from time to time.
I would like to simplify that process and bring it into the forum too. It would be optimal if it is just sufficient to move the thread somewhere.
1. How exactly are you informed right now?
2. Who normally does the upload to the official channels? (you, brunodc and Ray?)
3. Is there a way to streamline it similar to what I proposed?
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ossi11111" (Feb 23rd 2014, 2:38pm)

2 registered users and 21 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Ray

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 2:44pm

If we finally finished a German subtitle for a specific video how are you guys informed that it can be uploaded to the official channels like thevenusprojectmedia and jacquefresco? Franky did not explain that to me till now. Should we add a new entry in the TODO-List or is it enough to move the thread to published results?
Yes. That is the procedure. If you don't have access to create a new ToDo, you will need that. Let me know. I can give you access.

2. Who normally does the upload to the official channels? (you, brunodc and Ray?)

3. Is there a way to streamline it similar to what I proposed?
Bruno was doing the uploads to thevenusprojectmedia and TZMOfficial. I imagine he is still around doing it, but I don't know.@brunodc: ?

I was doing to the JacqueFresco channel, the Linguistic Team International one and also updating the language specific playlists (in the LTI channel too; this last one to make it easier for youtube users to find the videos that include translations in their language, as many languages don't have their own YT channel or they aren't fully updated and this was an attempt to cover that hole)
I was also updating the Repository, the wiki and the forum and posting on facebook. I am not doing any of those tasks right now and since a few months. There was a 'streamline' (if I understand what you meant by that) but it was very unsustainable, as I see it. I have more than enough for now too, no point listing it here. I guess that if the way we do it would be more sustainable than before, and make sense to me, I could engage again.
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 17 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

ossi11111, Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion