Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Friday, May 4th 2012, 9:53pm

Thanks Di, this video is now open for translation.

35 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, May 4th 2012, 11:39pm

Great Di!! :thumbsup:

*We have agreed that we should transcribe expressions like 'gotta' as 'got to'. I have changed this.
I have been putting lots of gonna's and wanna'sin the transcriptions that I am doing lately. I guess something is going in your direction. Sorry about that :whistling:

*Capitalization: Whenever God refers to the supreme being, it should be capitalized. This is still traditional in English. I checked online sources and Mr. B's Gregg Reference Manual.

Also whenever personal pronouns refer to the supreme being, (like He or His), these should be capitalized as well.

The lower case 'god' is used when pagan deities are referenced, as in mythology. (the Greek god Apollo, for example).

(Side note: I'd like to change this English rule, but I'm afraid I don't have that kind of authority. LOL...)
I would also love to change that rule! I think about it every time it comes up actually. Aren't we redesigning society? Are we who arrives at decisions on the guidelines of the LTI? Is it the goal to make the message clearer? I guess all points in that direction :giggle: We ARE the authority! hehe
Besides, why should just some gods start with big letters and the others start with little letters. Poor pagan gods! Aren't we in favor for equality? :noway:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 30 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion