You are not logged in.

• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, March 29th 2013, 12:07am

Jen Wilding - From the Great Escape to an Improved Reality - Z-Day 2013

This is the fourth talk of eleven, from The Zeitgeist Movement's flagship, 5th Annual "Zeitgeist Day", 2013 Main Event, held in Los Angeles CA ( 22:38 )

Note that the uploading of this one to YouTube brought about a copyright claim that fully muted the video in the LTI channel. We successfully submitted a copyright dispute that caused that claim to be removed. Please see LTI's Copyright thread for more information before you upload this one into your LTI Team channels. -Ray

Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "Ray" (Aug 11th 2015, 3:07pm)

2 registered users and 53 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Yayita, Ray

Public Relations Group

Sunday, March 31st 2013, 11:29am

Here is a transcript from this presentation, which can greatly help the transcribers that take this project ; )
nomada has attached the following file:
  • Jen Wilding.odt (28.87 kB - 102 times downloaded - latest: Jul 30th 2018, 1:57pm)
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 52 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Mr_B" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, April 6th 2013, 7:57pm

OK I will take a shot at transcribing this one!
Signature from »Mr_B« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

2 registered users and 48 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

• "Mr_B" is male

Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Monday, April 8th 2013, 11:13pm

OK Gang I am done with this, and quite the experience. SRT is posted and Analysis file attached.

As expected (and recently mentioned by Ramona & Di on Skype) I feel I have done not just transcribe, but transcribing, timestamp-shifting and PR1, all in one shot. What can I say, it just rolled. So in my mind this is ready for PR2 then Final Review, but that's just me; it can still go thru the regular path if that is the consensus.

Some quick comments:

(1) As expected, lots of long lines: low, mid and high 70s and even some low 80s. Some I was on the fence on splitting, others I did split, and others I let stand that seemed too clean to break.

(2) I wasn't sure how to handle the smattered use of quotes (rather single or double) so I will leave that to downstream reviewers. Frankly I was too tired to look at the guide at that point. In some cases I matched what Jen's slides said.

(3) Re: gaps between subs, I pretty much operated in binary "140/100" fashion. IF available time, the default rule of 140ms gap (or greater) applied. However in areas where Jen was rolling mid-sentence with no breaks, I dropped the gap straight down to the 100msec minimum in an attempt to keep pace. IMO it works. You'll see it's pretty much one or the other.

(4) To emphasize Jen's main "tutorial" section as it were (starting at the ~12 min mark), I placed '(1)' ... thru '(6)' in front of the main RBE points she was making. I feel it is important to delineate them somehow like this to maintain the context that Jen is delivering them item by item. Otherwise her bullet titles come across as random phrases and not sentences like the viewer is used to, hence potentially confusing (if the viewer is not closely following along with the screened preso bullets in parallel).

(5) I broke a golden rule of NO CAPS, for an ENTIRE SENTENCE! That's right, the sentence "THAT YOU LEARNED ANOTHER LANGUAGE!" is in all caps for emphasis as it is a) an obvious climax delivery point for Jen, and b) further this is the way she put it in her original written transcript that I used as a reference. So again, unless vetoed by the collective, I think it should stay as is. Watch the vid and decide for yourself.

Well, that's all I can think of for now, except to say that Jen's confidence, poise and charm come shining through as never before IMO on this vid. It is truly a pleasure to watch; she keeps getting better and better, and the audience (and camera) love her.

:kewl:
Mr_B has attached the following file:
English Dept coord

3 registered users and 44 guests thanked already.

nomada, Borislav/lizardman, Ray

Public Relations Group

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 10:45am

Wow!! You rocked me for the whole day, MrB :bighug:

Di knows your "English proofreading in LTI" skills. If she is ok with it, I know your timeshifting skills and am pretty confidant that this video is timeshifted :thumbup: , and so it could go for Final Review. But if someone wishes to do one more proofreading in between, it can not hurt.

2 registered users and 49 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, Ray

• "Mr_B" is male

Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 3:15am

So I just noticed this has been sitting 10 days, and is the closest of the LA Zday lectures to publishing. Who wants to take FR and get this baby in the can? Anyone? Bueller?
English Dept coord

2 registered users and 45 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

Public Relations Group

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 9:19am

Maybe you could help with Final Reviews, MrB? You have the necessary skills affinity and knowledge of the guidelines, and you even know the wonders of timeshifting :D

2 registered users and 40 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Final Reviewer

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 5:27pm

Maybe you could help with Final Reviews, MrB? You have the necessary skills affinity and knowledge of the guidelines, and you even know the wonders of timeshifting

And I would surely like to second that suggestion made by Rockin' Nomada :dance: , which was also made by Granny Di (i.e., 'Off yo' Rockers Club :ummm: ), and that was not very long ago, either. Mr. B, you're being solicited! :giggle: (And this is even BETTER than what you're thinking! ;) )
((Big hugs)),
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 42 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Suze" is female

Date of registration: Mar 5th 2013

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 12:45am

ZDay 2013 - Jen Wilding - From Great Escapes to and Improved Reality

so..... is this open for P2? If so, I'll take it.

2 registered users and 50 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

Public Relations Group

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 6:56am

MrB said it was ready for P2. I guess he is pretty confidant of his capabilities as he is on this for a long time. But if you wish to review it, why not?

I wonder if you could help Di with Final Reviews, Suze? Maybe we could ask Di what she thinks whe she is back from vacations? :D You aren't here for a long time but you have many hours of proofreading. We sure need to free her a bit on that.

1 registered user and 44 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion