You are not logged in.

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Monday, July 25th 2011, 7:10pm

All righty, Fearless King Bru (did you get a promotion? :thumbsup: ) I surely think you deserve one!! :)

Compliments everywhere: You did a much better job leaving off those commas at the ends of strings. :thumbup: I also liked your notes on the Wiki pad. This was helpful to me, and you can check to see how I added to them. Notes Hoping this will help translators.

I have made few notes on my Google doc spreadsheet for you, so I'll just keep that until it's worth sharing. The only note so far is to try to avoid spaces before and after colons.

This was an interesting video from Jacque. I felt that he may have made one comment about TZM getting credit for TVP ideas. Then I noticed the date on the video, and it was about a month before the split. I understand his issues, but I'm still sorry we can't all work as one.

((hugs)) and kisses from me,
LD :love:
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 23 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Monday, July 25th 2011, 7:16pm

Hey Di,

I just read took a look at the notes that you've added for this video and I don't think we shouldn't transcribe his words too literally. For example I never transcribe "going to" as "gonna" or "because" as "'cause' because in the guidelines we state that special vernacular is to be used when the speaker has a really noticeable accent, which is not the case for Jacque. Again, it's about making a transcript that's as polished as possible for the translators.

Ok, Bru--
I just read this comment. I understand. I had read in the rules that we typed dialect, but I totally see your point. I'll try to remember that for next time. Hey, it only takes 6-8 months to get this straight, right? :rolleyes:

Please let me know all the "whys" and "wherefores" as we work together on this. I will also share the info you give me with Jack, so that hopefully, it will not take him 6-8 months to catch on. 8|

Thanks, dear one!
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 24 guests thanked already.

Ray

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 9:40pm

Heeya fellows!
This thread is still called [R1Proofreading ... but something tells me it waits for a timeshifting!?
I'll get on to it!!! yyyihaaaa!!
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 11 guests thanked already.

Ray

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 1:23am

This video is now timeshifted and waitting for a R2 proofreading ;)

Bruno must have transcribed this video offline, using VisualSubSync, which made the transcription already timeshifted, we can say. And so I changed only 1 string in the whole thing. Maybe we should explore this way of transcribing with new projects; if there are transcribing volunteers around who would like to get a bit more technical and transcription masters :thumbup:

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 12 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "JonWhit" is male

Date of registration: Oct 17th 2011

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Timestamp Adjustment Team
Final Reviewer

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 6:10pm

Saying my prayers

I'll take the Second Proofing for this. I concur that dialect like," gonna," and, "cause" need to be transcribed into a more universal," going to" and "because." I don't see it any different than spelling something correctly that was pronounced incorrectly. ie. ''excape/escape, aks/ask, nuculer/nuclear." We are trying to make this understood by the most people, not so much a literal translation. The "spirit of the word" so to speak. Good notes I'm intreagued.

JonWhit
Signature from »JonWhit« The Government isn't the solution to the problem; the Government is the problem.
-Ronald Reagan

Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 6:29pm

Niceeee! JonWhit! :thumbup: Wow, when I did this one I was REALLY, REALLY a newbie! As I look back at this thread, I can see how I have learned more and more from doing and doing, which means I hope you do and do too! Thank you, (I think), about the notes. It's great if we'll all use the notes more. I think this helps us help each other and the translators a lot.

Love having you on board!
((hugs)) from me
Di :bighug:

Ray

• "JonWhit" is male

Date of registration: Oct 17th 2011

English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 9:04pm

R2 is done

Take a look at 6:51, I believe. He is talking about stealing ideas for personal gain but not really knowing how the idea works. He uses the term lift. I didn't change it but think that it could be mistranslated as pick something up and lose the meaning of the phrase.
Signature from »JonWhit« The Government isn't the solution to the problem; the Government is the problem.
-Ronald Reagan

1 registered user and 12 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "brunodc" is male
  • "brunodc" started this thread

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 9:29pm

Thanks, Jon! This project is now ready for a final review :)

1 registered user and 13 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Queurious" is male

Date of registration: Oct 18th 2011

English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Linguistic TechTeam Group
Public Relations Group
Language Coordinator
Other - Not Listed Above

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 9:52pm

Final Review Notes

These are notes for final reviewing and editing

At 00:38

String: I asked Scott how He he felt about circular cities.

This goes to all capitalized "He" in the entire video. I do not understand why they were there in the first place. The proofreading notes show an initial transcription interpretation of Jacque speaking about God... lol, clearly someone noticed this was not the case earlier. Please make this correction.

At 00:42

String: He said, "No, He believes in linear cities." --> String: He said, "No, I believe in linear cities."

At 01:48

String: But the only way to find out --> String: But the only way to find out is:

At 1:50

String: is how many people a day go to the food area?

At 01:54

String: How many people.... What percentage go to the eyeglass area? --> What percentage go to the eyeglass area?

Note: There is no need to transcribe "how many people" because it is irrelevant. Jacque changes his choice of words.

At 02:21

String: Later on, the schools become more efficient --> If, later on, the schools become more efficient

Note: Jacque says "if" to indicate a change in needs. It makes more sense by adding that into the subtitles.

At 02:24

String: and work with less students at a time. --> and work with less students at a time

Note: Omit the period because he does not finish his train of thought at this point

At 02:29

Note: Do not capitalize "The" in the first word of the sentence, use "the" instead.

I'm going to end my notes here... I didn't check if this has a final reviewer so, I'd like to be one if there isn't one already.

2 registered users and 12 guests thanked already.

brunodc, Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 11:53pm

Hey, Queurious,
I was really 'curious' (no pun intended) about your comments on the notes for this video because I did the 1st round of proofing on it. Golly...about 4 months ago. I remember questioning whether Jacque REALLY said 'God'. And Bruno saying, "Of course not." I took a look at the notes you quoted and decided to go back and re-listen. I've made a few edits and would like your opinion if you are now going to approach the Final Review.

You brave, brave man! :thumbsup:
((hugs)) from me
Di

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Di Anna" (Nov 6th 2011, 2:36am)

1 registered user and 14 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion