You are not logged in.

• "Ray" is male
  • "Ray" started this thread

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Thursday, June 11th 2015, 4:26pm

Zeitgeist: Addendum -=Trailer=-

Zeitgeist: Addendum, 2008, was born out of public interest in possible solutions to the cultural issues presented in Peter Joseph's first work, Zeitgeist: The Movie. Building upon the topics of social distortion and corruption, Addendum moves to also present possible solutions. Featured in the work is former "Economic Hit-man" and New York Times bestselling author, John Perkins, along with The Venus Project, an organization for social redesign created by Social Engineer and Industrial Designer Jacque Fresco.
Zeitgeist: Addendum was premiered at the 5th Annual Artivist's Film Festival and given its highest award in 2008. ( 02:25 )

For Translators: Go to the Working Location Link, sign into your dotSUB.com account, choose your language in the "Translate" selection and click translate.
If you're new to all of this, check out this short video for a quick tutorial on how to translate with dotSUB.
Just before you start, and then later when you are done, post your intentions or results to this forum thread so others can see the progress.
Ask for help in this thread too, in case you need some guidance.

Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Ray" (Jan 19th 2019, 1:56am)

2 registered users and 67 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Aldi96, FrankySnatra

Date of registration: Nov 24th 2011

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator

Monday, June 29th 2015, 2:54pm

Found some content and did throw it in.

Timestamps need to be corrected/adjusted.

1 registered user and 65 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male
  • "Ray" started this thread

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, June 29th 2015, 10:52pm

Found some content and did throw it in.

That's scary! :D
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

52 guests thanked already.

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 9:32am

No horrors here :laughing:

timestamps now adjusted

except around this time: 01:11.000 - 01:17.000 with the george carlin mumbling I've problems.
Original quote here: https://youtu.be/QV6VjrY3PPQ?t=45s

And I couldn't spot a source for the quote around 00:39.400 - 00:41.800 :huhwhat:

1 registered user and 56 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "ralle4" is female

Date of registration: Jul 27th 2012

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Friday, July 24th 2015, 5:33am

I'll do the PR1 on this. :)

1 registered user and 62 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "ralle4" is female

English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 1:30am

Notes re PR1 for this project:

@ 00:25.100 -
00:29.300 -- [this whole] business of who I am, whether I’m good or bad, achieving or not ... so I don't hear "this whole" in the audio at the beginning, but it was in the transcription and is part of the full quote from the film. Arguably this may make things clearer for readers, so I put these 2 words into brackets, and kept them. There is also an "and" in the audio before "whether I'm good or bad", and an "or" in the audio before "achieving or not", but I did not add them, since it changes the meaning, not at all, and just adds more for the reader. Just noting for next proofer.

00:33.000 -
00:36.000 -- And we can change it, any time we want.: Added the comma here, but am a bit rusty, and not sure if it's needed. ??

00:39.400
00:41.800 -- [unknown] I realized I had the game wrong: I hear "You realize that I had the game wrong:" Unsure if the "that" is necessary or the change in wording from I to You, but I hear it other than as written in the transcription. 8/9/15: Update: I changed this to read as is said in the audio. I clearly hear: "You realize, that I had the game wrong." Next proofer can weigh in. -- "uknown" is in brackets at the beginning of the line, so putting "I" in brackets could get cluttered. There was a colon rather than a period at the end of the line, I decided to change it. Thoughts?

00:42.200
00:44.000 -- He actually says "that the game was to find out what I already was." The "that" was omitted and I left it out, and capitalized the "t" in "The" at the beginning of the line. The transcription looks very clean, so just noting for accuracy.
00:39.400
00:41.800 -- I tried to find the author (/speaker)of this quote, but was unable to. I verified the previous 2 quotations (and will verify all before finishing).

00:46.000
00:48.000 - The Revolution is Now was written in the text: The revolution is now. I capitalized it, as it is capitalized in the film.

01:08.500 "Power does what it wants; power does what it wants," is actually what he says, but I punctuated it as 2 separate sentences.
01:11.000

01:11.000
01:17.000 So this was in the text: Original quote here: https://youtu.be/QV6VjrY3PPQ?t=45s, but is not accurate (the link is something else altogether). I found it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV6VjrY3PPQ but not sure it should be embedded in the text. -- There is a problem fitting the text into the string timing. I omitted the "and" from the beginning of this part, (Previous string: Power does what it wants; power does what it wants, (and then) and now they're just more naked about it ...) but seems cleaner punctuated as I have, and starting the line w/ a new sentence. There should be (and appears there is, but I don't know how to fix it) another string between 01:17.000 and 01:20.500, but there is no place to type. -- George says: And everybody's got a cell phone that makes pancakes, so they don't want to rock the boat. Corrected

01:44.000
01:46.900 Reference for capitalization of the word negro: https://books.google.com/books?id=8lNJAQ…egro%3F&f=false

01:47.200
01:50.500 I added a colon at the end of the previous line "...or Greek problems, or women problems: There are human problems." The term "Human Problems" was written in all caps for effect, but I understand we are only to use caps in that way if the person is shouting. Since Jacques is not, I changed the term to lower case.

02:04.400
02:09.600 incarceration, prisons, police, bankers, advertising This is a really tough line for me to punctuate at the end. It had ellipses, but doesn't seem to coordinate w/ the guidelines, as he doesn't seem to leave out any speech, but obviously more could be added to the list. Ending it w/ a period is not true to the inflection. The next line is "gone, forever", both of which were capitalized and had exclamation marks, which isn't correct; I am having trouble punctuating this section for continuity to the speaker's intention. Update 8/14/15: Am leaving as is, according to changes I felt fit best. Next proofer can check.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "ralle4" (Aug 15th 2015, 2:39am)

2 registered users and 55 guests thanked already.

FrankySnatra, Ray

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 10:02am

@ralle4: yes, I couldn't verify the author as well (as the only missing source one in the clip) @ 00:39.400 - 00:41.800

The full quote from Addendum is: “I think I spent 30 years of my life, the first 30, trying to become something. I wanted to become good at things, I wanted to become good at tennis, I wanted to become good at school and grades, and everything I viewed in that perspective. I’m not OK the way I am, but if I got good at things. I realised I had the game wrong: the goal was to find out who I already was.”

- put in the link from George Carlin so you have it easier to understand for I wasn't able to get it clear.

Added a line and shifted some within the George Carlin Part:

01:08.400
01:10.400

[George Carlin] Power does what it wants. Power does what it wants.

01:10.700
01:12.100

Brfore: Now they're just more naked about it.
After: And now they're just more naked about it.

01:12.400
01:15.700

Before: Now they just put it right out front and say this is what we're doing to you, folks.
After: Now they just put it right out in front and say "This is what we're doing to you, folks.".

01:16.000
01:19.600

New: And everybody's got a cellphone that makes pancakes so they don't want to rock the boat.

2 registered users and 53 guests thanked already.

ralle4, Ray

• "ralle4" is female

English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Thursday, July 30th 2015, 4:41am

Ok, @FrankySnatra:, thank you. I'll have a look @ all when I get back to it in the next day or so. :) Thanks, again; I appreciate the quotes, etc. :thumbsup:

2 registered users and 51 guests thanked already.

FrankySnatra, Ray

• "ralle4" is female

English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Saturday, August 15th 2015, 2:47am

PR1 complete. :) @FrankySnatra: Thanks for the corrections, etc., you added to this. I needed to change a few things to keep the English punctuation correct, and in line w/our Guidelines, but all looks good! :)

2 registered users and 53 guests thanked already.

FrankySnatra, Ray

Saturday, August 15th 2015, 10:45am

Thank you very much ralle4 :bighug:

Found a final thing and optimized it:

Before:
01:20.500-01:26.000 [Jacque Fresco] The entire money structured, and materialistic-oriented, society is a false society.

After:
01:20.500-01:26.000 [Jacque Fresco] The entire money-structured and materialistic-oriented society is a false society.

Let me know if you agree with it.
If yes, we can push this little project further.

Thank you ;)

2 registered users and 42 guests thanked already.

Ray, Di Anna

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion