You are not logged in.

• "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 11:14am

Hi Tim,

Franky and Bruno have proposed a solution. Please let us know if that works for you.

By the way, it seems that you are frustrated because you expected a faster resolution. This is very understandable - you worked hard on something and now would like to see results. But I can't help but notice how you are harming your immune system with unhealthy doses of hormones. If you are translating Jacque's lectures, you might start noticing that what people get frustrated and emotional about is their own thoughts and expectations, not the behavior of others. However, we can't be mechanists - we're always emotional and get mad at situations we dislike. That is why my suggestion to people is to not have emotional investment in their work. Do it because you see the importance and significance of it, get a hell of a kick out of it, learn from it, but don't be emotionally involved, otherwise you will get frustrations and the chance of finding good solutions to problems will decrease exponentially. People who are very emotionally involved usually only contribute for a short period of time to causes; this is because their approach leads to psychological results that are just not sustainable. Hope this offers some food for thought - if not, nevermind. :)

2 registered users and 33 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

FrankySnatra, Ray

• "ossi11111" is male

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2013

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 11:17am

@brunodc:
I did send you the .srt-files via private message now. I cannot thank you enough. ;)

@lizardman:
I translated both of Jacque's lectures about depression and the one about free will. I do exactly understand, what you are talking about. I'm not emotionally involved in the way you think I am. I just realized, that it is necessary to use concepts, which people of a given group understand. First I was adapting your style of work and way of talking to each other. You mean good, of course. And I feel like you all are trying to use Fresco's concepts of motivation and communication. Nevertheless, like you said, because of our very own bad socialization coming out of this broken system, we sometimes cannot help but falling back to the patterns we learned all our lives, even if they obviously don't work. That happens unconsciously (to use old language). I'm working on that every day and think I am making good progress. I'm conditioning myself to translating videos in the way, that I stop at the point, where I have the most fun. It's similar to the concept when Fresco talks about making children creative.
Nevertheless, it was necessary for you to understand my point, to formulate it a bit more drastically, because you are too deep into bureaucracy and seem not to realize it.
As example: The German team consists of two people. With two people it is much easier to work together without any additional work other than talking to one another and motivating each other. Hopefully I was able to explain it to you. :)

And I will go on translating, no matter if I'm doing it completely alone or not, because I conditioned myself on doing it. I get bored, if I have to do something else and think all the time, that I want to go on translating now. So it works pretty good for me, I would say. :D
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "ossi11111" (Dec 10th 2013, 6:23pm)

2 registered users and 22 guests thanked already.

FrankySnatra, Ray

• "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Tuesday, March 18th 2014, 1:34pm

We are finalizing this transcript in the German team now.

@peter:
Text
Etherpad

Video
Jacque Fresco-Depression, Self Identification-Sept 5, 2011 (2/2) - Captioning in progress | Dotsub

There is a slightly change in working processes here, because it's an English transcript. You need to watch the video and correct the English text in the text pad. If Fresco does some minor mistakes, we do not need to transcribe them. For instance, if Fresco forgets the "s" on a verb in 3rd person singular, it's no problem to add that in the transcript.
Please, don't be confused: You just need to correct the English text and check if it is related to what Fresco says. We will do the translation later. :)

Thank you for working on it. Just tell me when you are done as always.

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

1 registered user and 21 guests thanked already.

Ray

Date of registration: Feb 24th 2014

Thursday, March 20th 2014, 3:38pm

@ossi11111:

Done! But since I'm not that familiar with punctuation rules, I can't help much in that regard at the moment.
Signature from »peter« UTOPjA

2 registered users and 20 guests thanked already.

ossi11111, Ray

• "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Friday, March 21st 2014, 8:27am

@Di Anna:
I saw that you were an English teacher. So you could be the most helpful in this case. We would very much appreciate, if you could have a quick look at the transcript here. It is probably not that much to change. You just need to look for punctuation marks.
We would be very thankful, if you could support us in this case with your English knowledge. If you want to help, just mark the corrections in the following text pad (it is very easy to use): Etherpad
The currently used lines are marked with the symbols <!>.

So maybe we could finish this project which remained untouched for many months now with just a little bit of effort – everybody doing what he/she is best in doing.
Thank you very much again. :)

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ossi11111" (Mar 21st 2014, 9:02am)

1 registered user and 27 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Friday, March 21st 2014, 2:13pm

Ηey, Ossi. Unfortunately, Di is inactive right now for personal reasons.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 19 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 5:31am

Who would you suggest instead?

@marc.verbenkov:
I think it's a good project to start with, because it is not too long and it is close to finalization, so you can get a motivation boost soon, if you see the transcript online which you worked on. :)
We would very much appreciate, if you could have a quick look at the transcript here. It is probably not that much to change. You just need to look for punctuation marks.
We would be very thankful, if you could support us in this case with your English knowledge. If you want to help, just mark the corrections in the following text pad (it is very easy to use): Etherpad
The currently used lines are marked with the symbols <!>.

You just need to open the link and write down your corrections there as described in the text pad. If you have further questions just ask me.
We are looking forward for you lending us your accurate eye. (I am not sure, if this phrase is understandable. You see how much we need your help here. ;))

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

1 registered user and 20 guests thanked already.

Ray

Language Coordinator

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 2:26pm

@ossi11111

I honestly don't know. Given that Dianna was the co-ord and the only final proofreader (I think) of the English team, I'm wondering what are we to do in these situations. Now that I think of it, Ossi, I think this could be a great topic for the next meeting. I would also really like to hear what methods you and Franky use right now because there seems to be a lot of movement in the German team. I see new projects every day :)
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

2 registered users and 17 guests thanked already.

ossi11111, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 2:14am

Suze is also a verified final proofreader for the English Dep't. She is currently focused on another project, so it's obvious that we certainly need to 'graduate' more.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

20 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 10:26am

@Ray What do you mean by "graduate"

I have a question. I'm not actually a teacher but I have a proficiency certificate since I was 15 and I got a language mastery certificate 3 years ago which means I am unofficially an English teacher. I have actually worked a little as a helping teacher in a school but not as a fully independent and professional teacher. I am currently an undergraduate student of English Language and Literature. Do you think I can try a final review? Should I contact Di, maybe, for another test ? :) I've been currently focusing on trying to learn how to time-shift but if this is what is needed most, I'd love to try it. I really want to improve my language because my survival may depend on it :) This is a great opportunity.

1 registered user and 23 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion