• "lizardman" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 12:05pm

Pootle updated to version 2.5

Hi everyone!

The new version of Pootle is now open for translations! :party: Please enjoy! http://pootle.linguisticteam.org/

First of all, huge thanks to Ivan without whom we couldn't have managed to do this! :bow:

Now, some information. Version 2.5 offers some significant improvements. One of them is the 'Show Timeline' function which records all submissions made to the particular paragraph (or 'string', as we call them). That means that no submissions get lost. :) Another is that going through pages in a given .po file is now easier than ever. The old bug with getting stuck before reaching the end of the pages is gone. Yet another improvement is that Pootle now handles comments and suggestions in a much better way. You can try out all of these in the Tutorial project.

Additionally, we have removed some of the outdated projects that were in there, namely: Chapter Projects, French Chapter, OWS Official Declaration, Paradise or Oblivion Press Release, and ZMF Press Kit PDF.

Also, the 2012 TZM Orientation Guide has been redone as a project. Now every article has its own .po file.
Since the original project was removed to make room for the replacement, anyone who was set up for this will need to go into their Settings and re-select the project.
The languages Croatian, Czech, Danish, French, Greek, Polish and Spanish had translations in there. Please, the coordinators of these languages, get in touch with me ASAP in order to put the translations back online.

For any questions related to Pootle's new version, its functions, any bugs, etc., please use this thread.

We would also like to use this opportunity to ask if there are any Python developers who would be interested in helping with occasional maintenance of our open-source software, Pootle. This is likely to include opportunities for writing some custom code that would then be shared back with the Pootle development team for possible inclusion in future versions.

Thank you!

9 registered users and 55 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray, russaac, Yayita, kwizrak, Di Anna, MarlysePi, nomada, Ana, georgyvlad

Date of registration: Oct 6th 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: English Transcriber
Timestamp Adjustment Team
Translator
Language Team Assistant
Linguistic TechTeam Group

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 2:07pm

Hello from Greece.

Before the Pootle hickups we had the translations put in an google sheet file. So there is no need to bother for the greek. We will re-upload it as soon as possible along with the first translation of the other parts.
From the GreekLingTeam we would like to thank everyone who have put effort on order to deliver us the best tools possible.

3 registered users and 45 guests thanked already.

Borislav/lizardman, nomada, Ray

Translator
Language Team Assistant

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 3:45pm

It seems that I have no access to the new AOG 2012 project. As I saw the project was not defined as active in my projects list. Maybe the project was redefined so a new check was required. I have checked it right now and will get access soon, but I think the rest volunteers should be informed in order to recheck the project. It would be nice (if possible) to re-open the access the ones that previously had access.

1 registered user and 89 guests thanked already.

nomada

• "lizardman" is male

LTI Administration Group

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 4:24pm

Right. The old project was deleted and a new project was created on its place, so people will need to select it and permissions will need to be assigned again. Sorry I forgot to mention this.

2 registered users and 45 guests thanked already.

Yayita, nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 10:51pm

Wonderful news!! Thank you for all those efforts!!
The Arabic Team is informed. They use facebook mostly. Now the Portuguese team is in the forum and I was thinking of creating a thread there with this info, but maybe we can make thispresent thread an anouncement, while the news is still hot? :D

EDIT: It is an announcement thread already! Thanks Lizzie :thumbup:

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 47 guests thanked already.

kwizrak

Date of registration: Feb 3rd 2013

Language Team: Italiano

Focus Group: Translator

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 11:32pm

Hello everybody.
I've got something to ask about a problem I'm spotting every time I try to translate something.
Summarizing, I registered to Pootle without any complications or any kind of error during the process. I've chosen my language (Italian), the files i wanted to translate and so far i had nothing to complain about. When I finally tried to translate some strings I had chosen previously, I found out that I couldn't write into the default spot. I find out the same problem every single time I try to traduce a string.

Could you please let me know what mistake in the process i'm making or anything useful to overcome this issue?

Regards, Makks. : )

1 registered user and 90 guests thanked already.

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, February 4th 2013, 12:12am

Hi makks! :)
It may be that you selected the projects but a Pootle admin didn't gave you access to edit it yet (that is why we select a language and projects, so the Pootle admins can give access to what we chose and we can start)

Can not be sure about it. So I'll beep Lizardman so he replies here to confirm that or help us solve that out :thumbup:
@lizardman:
hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 58 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, February 4th 2013, 1:08am

Sorry for the delay, Makks. Diana (Italian Language Coordinator) is so swamped that she wasn't able to get to this right away. I just set up your access to the projects you selected. Please note that this is a newly upgraded version of Pootle, so we don't yet know whether there is any delay while the request is processed. If the buttons do not appear after 24 hours, please make me aware so we can investigate.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 49 guests thanked already.

nomada

Translator
Language Team Assistant

Saturday, March 23rd 2013, 9:19pm

Extra Feedback.

I have some issues that I don't know if they are Pootle oriented or configurations about Pootle.

1) When I submit a translation, and the focus is to the next field in almost all circumstances I can't go to the previous one to make corrections. It has to do with the filtering. It always resets to "Incomplete". When I switch to "All" then the focus goes to the first string, so I have to move down to the one that I want. The desired behavior would be like this.
The filtering should be applied only if the user wants to. Otherwise it should have an option "normal" or could use the existing option "All". This should not move the focus from where you are.
I could suggest more changes of this type but I don't know if they are Pootle-specific (i.e. cannot be fixed) or configuration-specific(i.e. can be done).

48 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, March 26th 2013, 6:36pm

As far as I know, these are Pootle-specific things and cannot be changed from the configuration. I liked the previous behavior better, too. Don't really know why the devs chose to make it this way. :/

50 guests thanked already.
  • "Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)" is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, November 24th 2013, 1:58pm

About the AOG2012, I cannot find the "Contents" part. Isn't that supposed to be translated too?
Signature from »Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

54 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion