English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Team Assistant
Public Relations Group

Friday, February 5th 2016, 8:49pm

New Projects Undertake! 5 is the magic number

2011/06/10 The Zeitgeist Movement Response to FBI Targeting Political Activists as Terrorists, 8'

2015/02/21 Peter Joseph - The Revolution of Values, 3:38'

2010/11/27 Dennis Yee - The Redesign of our MIND, 4:05

2011/06/09 Jacque Fresco - Jealousy and Love, [okay, the extensional crab is MINE!] 7:94

2011/06/24 Jacque Fresco - Free Will - Nov 02, 2010 15:22

These are the next projects I would like to translate.
If I could have them set up, please.
Thank you, very much.

Annie
Signature from »Annie Ann« Annie Ann

1 registered user and 50 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Annie Ann" is female
  • "Annie Ann" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 30th 2015

Language Team: Romanian

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Team Assistant
Public Relations Group

Thursday, February 11th 2016, 5:08am

The procedure for each video to be translated is for a new thread to be made on this Forum for each and every video a translator chose to translate.
While the Romanian coordinator is not available for a period of time, I understand completely that the administrator of this site can't possibly fulfill that role in a good time.

Since
*my working with the Romanian Team has been nothing but a drag ever since I have enrolled in LTI
*in spite of the fact that there is a lot of work to be done, projects are constantly being dragged
*when some are finally ready they still need a lot of work on them;
*there is work that never gets to be done
*the published translations are as a general rule of a poor quality
*there is no real desire to improve their quality, even if some steps were made (having the Venus Romanian Site to be proofread on this Forum is one initiative that I completely salute!), they are insufficient. The Venus site has only the Introductory page to be proofread, for a while now, and nothing else of that site was visibly published for proofreading.
*communication being made on so many Forum threads, Facebook groups, and Skype, instead of keeping a unitary stream of clear communication, adds too much stress in the relations between people.

While I truly believed there was this idealistic volunteer work environment with a constant positive energy for work to be done in a rather fast and a good quality manner, given all of the above, I have decided to not request projects anymore, or push for the work to be improved, or for the whole interrelating among the members of the team to, at least, get easier instead of constantly existing this lack of real communication.

Still, in case LTI needs good translations they can contact me.

Sincere regards,

Annie
Signature from »Annie Ann« Annie Ann

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Annie Ann" (Feb 11th 2016, 7:16pm)

1 registered user and 40 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Friday, July 7th 2017, 2:55am

I am so sorry that you found the Romanian Team distressing, although I certainly agree with your assessment.

I am systematically moving through all of the team sections, cleaning up and consolidating everything that I can (and not knowing the Romanian language does not make this easy now that I am focused on the Romanian Team section ;) )

Rather than try to respond to all of your points, I will more simply point out that all collaborative volunteer systems depend greatly on the passion, responsibility, and seriousness of each of their volunteers. The kind of work that we do demands that projects move through multiple stages (translation, multiple rounds of proofreading to fix misunderstandings, a final review to check for consistency, and finally an announcement, usually by the team's coordinator, that the project is ready for publishing). There is also no problem in pulling an already published translation back into the forum for 'repairs', as this is done fairly often across most teams. Unfortunately, it appears that the former coordinator for the Romanian Team is not going to return, but that also means that I am now seeking someone highly skilled and dedicated to take on that role and rebuild the team and its productive environment. If that sounds like I'm talking about you, please reconnect with me so we can discuss it. Simply put, the team will not likely get a whole lot done without someone very active in that role, and you have been one of the most 'active' Romanian members we've ever had here, Annie. Please give it some thought and let me know whatever you decide. I highly appreciate you, Sunshine! :rose:
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

18 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion