• "samo.urdih" is male
  • "samo.urdih" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 11th 2014

Language Team: Slovenian

Focus Group: Translator

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 9:19pm

Slovenian terminology

Hi there!
Anyone stil using the Slovenian forum is wellcomed to knock twice :) Kidding!
Well I just started trasnlating some text and I stumble upon some specific terminology. This words are kind of important and there are many repetition througout the texts.
Is there any terminology database for Slovenian words? Or maybe is there a PDF or DOC version of already translated texts, so I could look at? This kind of collaborarion will be very helpful because it is very time consuming thinking for a ideal translation version for all the specific words.

Hopefully someone will knock at least once :)
:help: S

1 registered user and 50 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

Date of registration: Feb 20th 2014

Focus Group: Language Team Assistant

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 1:47pm

Slovenian terminology

Hi there. Do you still need some help? I would like to get involved. Let me know.

Greeting from maribor,
Sanja

56 guests thanked already.
  • "samo.urdih" is male
  • "samo.urdih" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 11th 2014

Focus Group: Translator

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 4:09pm

For now I am waiting for a repliy from the Duh časa team (Društvo Duh časa | društvo za trajnostni razvoj). I know they were translating the Fresco's The best that money can't buy.
Anyway, I will be translating something meanwhile... Maybe there are some priorities so I will be focusing the time there.
When I hear from them I will let you know. It has been emphasized to use the Forum so I will be posting here.
Take care,
Samo

53 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: Feb 20th 2014

Focus Group: Language Team Assistant

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 7:17pm

Ok thank you for letting me know. we'll be in touch.
sanja

54 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, February 21st 2014, 4:36am

Hi felows!! I enjoyed very much seeing that you are here and though of leaving some information that might be able to help : )

For now I am waiting for a reply from the Duh časa team (Društvo Duh časa | društvo za trajnostni razvoj). I know they were translating the Fresco's The best that money can't buy.
Yup. I would say so, that there are probably a few volunteers working on that project. If youwish to join the translations, the 1st step is to send an email to @Ray: so he can send you the Non-Disclosure Agreement and instructions on how to start. His email is gmanzm@gmail.com
Here is a sheet of how the teams built up after this project started: Hi there. Do you still need some help? I would like to get involved. Let me know.Here is where you can find projects open for translation, sanja. They are translated in online platforms; subtitles in dotsub, text materials in Pootle.That makes it easier for anyone to join and for nothing to get lost in this multitude of languages and translations :D
http://forum.linguisticteam.org/language-team-playgrounds/board215-open-for-translation-completed-by-english-dep-t/

[quote='samo.urdih','index.php?page=Thread&postID=16212#post16212']Is there any terminology database for Slovenian words? Or maybe is there a PDF or DOC version of already translated texts[/quote]No idea. But I know there is an English glossary which ca be copied to another sheet where you can add a column for the Slovenian translation ;)
[url='https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtfMr9Mr7HSJdFVYeV9KeHBQbDdXSEpCLTRYYkY3dHc&authkey=CKvOzLoB&hl=en_GB&authkey=CKvOzLoB#gid=0']Moved Permanently

Hopefully someone will knock at least once :)
I sure will keep forwarding Slovenian volunteers to this forum section, and I am sure they will feel more at home with you two here :thumbsup:

Have fun, above all :bighug:
hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 61 guests thanked already.

Ray, sanja.fi

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, February 26th 2014, 1:34am

For anyone wanting to get involved with the TBTMCB translate-a-thon, please use "TBTMCB NDA Request" (but without the quotes) for the subject line to make sure I see it right away (That subject line gets priority over just about everything that comes to me). ;)
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 51 guests thanked already.

nomada

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion