You are not logged in.

• "bombadillo" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 12th 2019

Language Team: Turkish

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader

Saturday, October 12th 2019, 4:15pm

Öncelikle merhaba

Herkese selam olsun, buradaki birçok arkadaş gibi ben de projeyi Zeitgeist ile tanıdım. İzledim ve bu işe benim de katkımın olması gerektiğini düşündüm. Şimdilik isteğim Venus Projesinin YouTube sayfasında videolara Türkçe altyazı eklemek. Ama nasıl başlayacağımı bilmiyorum, buradan bana yol gösterecek arkadaşları bekliyorum.

1 registered user and 1 guest thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, October 15th 2019, 4:55am

Welcome @bombadillo:. It's great to have you here!

I am happy to report that a good number of projects have been completed by the Turkish Team over the years, all of which you can find within the "Published Translations" section. If you look inside any of the 57 Turkish project's master threads in there, you can click on the link to the project's "Source" in the first post just above the embedded video, adjust the YouTube Settings to our Turkish subtitles, and enjoy the video. There is no more 'work' needed by us to make those available to the world (although everyone is highly encouraged to help share them with others).

The Turkish Team became inactive not long after their last Coordinator was pulled away by an offline need, so I will be happy to serve as your guide into LTI's tools and resources.
At the moment, there are currently 40+ master Turkish Team threads in the Current Projects section that have at least been started by one or more members of the Turkish Team over the years. It is primarily a mix of Venus Project and Zeitgeist Movement videos, so there may be something among that collection that interests you as a starting point.

My strong advice to anyone who is new to the world of translating is to start with something small at first, so that you gain that initial experience without feeling overwhelmed by a larger project. If you feel your English/Turkish language skills are strong enough, you might want to start with a small proofreading project to help move an already existing project closer to publishing. For example, the Jacque Fresco - No Utopia/i] video is only 62 seconds long and 100% translated, but I have no way to tell if, or to what degree, it has been proofread. If it does require some adjusting, that would provide you with a relatively easy introduction to dotSUB's translation/proofreading interface. On the other hand, you are certainly free to select any other 'already started' project in the Current Projects board, or you can select something that has not yet been started in Turkish from the global "Open for Translations" section of the forum. That section is the master list of everything within our care that has been prepared for translations by the English Department (the first step for every project).

I certainly recognize that some of this may seem a bit overwhelming at first, no matter how we try to present it, but rest assured that it's actually quite simple once you understand the overall approach. Just take it one step at a time, and you'll quickly pick up everything you need to help us spread awareness and understanding to the Danish people of the world. ;)

So just reply back to this when you have decided what you would like to start with, or if you have any additional questions that I can answer for you. I am fully at your service, and very glad that you are here. :loveya:
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 guest thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion